The Internet is overflowing with stock images from various stock photo agencies. It is also filled with numerous tips and tricks on using them effectively. Surely, you will find many articles about the dos of using cheap stock images and they are without a doubt effective. However, knowing the dos is not enough to make an effective marketing campaign. You also need to know the things you should avoid doing.
- Don’t use a stock photo is you have a better alternative. You may think that this statement is against stock images, but it is not. Aside from the expensive and time-consuming photoshoots, what else is greater than cheap stock images? The only thing better than stock images is higher quality stock images.
- Don’t use clichéd or overused images. When it comes to stock images, the first idea that comes to your mind is the most generic. This means that there is a great chance you will see the same images in other websites, worse your competitor’s site. If you want to use an image effectively, dig deeper in the search results.
- Don’t buy stock images that do not relate to your brand or style. The right images can easily make a website attractive and the bad ones can instantly ruin it. The images must relate well to your style or brand in order to make a strong visual connection between your website and your articles. Use cheap stock images that reinforce your brand and your message. Make sure that they are not only decorations.
- Don’t settle for outdated or non-professional images. When choosing images, make sure the quality looks like they have been photographed with modern, high –resolution camera – unless you are rooting for a retro theme. Make sure the models in the image are not wearing outdated fashion and technology because they easily bring down the quality of your project.
- Don’t crop unnaturally. One of the major issues with cheap stock images is that they rarely fit the space they are use in. You may need to edit them to use them effectively. To avoid any space awkwardness, purchase images according to your needs. Stock photo agencies are now selling images in various sizes. Choose one that suits your creative needs. You can also crop them as long as you do it naturally.
Knowing the don’ts in using stock images is as important as knowing the dos. It keeps you from making stock photo mistakes that can ruin your creative projects. Moreover, it can help you use the images effectively to create the perfect design for your website, blog, presentations and other materials. Get cheap stock images to attract the attention of everyone and enhance the performance of your marketing strategies now.